WK&T Jobs & Information
We deeply appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history is essential. We will review your qualifications and will make every effort to reach a decision as quickly as possible. Please see the current jobs we have available below. To apply for a job, scroll down this page and complete/submit your application.
WK&T complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation.
It is WK&T’s policy not to discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or otherwise required by applicable local or federal law. WK&T is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Current Open Positions:
Director of Sales & Business Development
In conjunction with members of the TMS/WK&T senior management team, the Director of Sales and Business Management (DSBM) will be responsible for all aspects of new revenue generation in service areas currently serviced by the WK&T family of companies. This includes but not limited to areas in Western Kentucky, Western Tennessee and Northern Alabama and areas managed or serviced by TMS/WK&T infrastructure.
The Director of Sales and Business Development will participate in establishing sales and revenue goals for companies managed by TMS and will have primary responsibility in achieving and exceeding these goals. In addition, the DSBD will accept the responsibility for all aspects of sales including personal involvement with key accounts and major business opportunities. Revenue and subscriber targets will be achieved by the management and continued upgrading of a sales force that is dedicated to the aforementioned sales and revenue objectives. These objectives will be achieved through prospecting, use of market data, market research, advertising and promotional activities. This position creates and supports all company initiatives, maintains confidentially, and initiates programs that contribute to achieving sales and subscriber goals. Jugular to the success of this position is the management of the sales team and providing leadership and guidelines for accountability of all sales staff and related activities. This role includes direct interaction with TMS executive leadership, management, vendors, and staff and plays an integral role in developing the Company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
Responsibilities & Job Functions
- Works directly with COO to provide corporate leadership, project management, vision, and direction for all activities related to revenue and subscriber growth.
- Oversees and directs the sales team in their efforts to sell communication, data, security and entertainment services directly to customers. Establishes and monitors monthly sales and commission reports, sales budgets and year-to-date financials.
- Manages and insures proper implementation of new products/pricing/promotions.
- Initiates and coordinates appropriate staffing and participation at selected community events.
- Manages and utilizes “WK&T Biz Box”, a mobile office, public relations sales unit to be used at various community events to accelerate sales.
- Establishes and promotes an understandable sales mentality throughout all aspects of the organization.
- Meets sales objectives by efficient forecasting; prepares annual sales budget; schedules expenditures, analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Evaluates merchandising and trade activities and develops field sales action plans to maximize these initiatives.
- Sustains rapport with key community leaders, high-profile customers and other significant influencers to explore customer needs and anticipate new opportunities.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Communicates and reports regularly to the COO and all Senior Management the progress and status of sales personnel and sales activity.
- Communicates job expectations; plans, monitors, appraises and reviews job contributions; plans and reviews compensation actions; enforces policies and procedures.
- Establishes and develops training activities and training schedules that ensure professional growth of sales team members which meet or exceed industry standards and levels.
- Establishes, promotes and fosters an “internal sales-driven culture” among all departments and employees of affiliated TMS/WK&T/Ardmore Telephone employees. Visibly promotes this culture among ALL employees on a regular basis.
- Develops individual sales and promotional strategies for each specific service area within the company. Creates and implements these plans that address the needs, opportunities, and competitive advantages/challenges of each individual geographic area.
- Enlists third-party support when appropriate to design unique programs to increase sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to provide fair and consistent leadership to staff; develop goals and evaluate the work of staff members, and increase their ability to develop and grow skills and talents.
- Demonstrates skill in leading sales efforts before, during and after customer acquisitions.
- Willingness and ability to deliver breakthrough results and quality work output.
- Is a self-starter with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills as well as strategic thinking capability.
- Knowledge of the rural telecommunications industry. (preferred)
- Ability to prepare annual budgets and product projection for internal operating budgets.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills, including articles, brochures, and reports.
- Demonstrates communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving qualities and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills; familiarity with Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Effectively functions as a team player.
- Is highly organized with special attention to details and deadlines; ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Exercises sound judgment and decision making; considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and chooses the most appropriate one.
- Knowledge of applicable Community, Federal, State and other regulatory agency rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of insight tools, concept development, product development and tracking mechanisms.
- Ability to travel 3-5 days a week and work minimum 45-hour work week.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus 3 to 5 years of sales, marketing or customer service management. Post-graduate work or MBA considered a plus. Expert knowledge of insight tools, concept development, product development, and tracking tools.
- Valid Driver License; good driving record.
- New hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
As a matter of Company policy, all employment is on an at-will basis, meaning that employment shall last for so long as mutually agreeable. Either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment at any time with or without cause. West Kentucky Rural Telephone Cooperative, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Provider.
West Kentucky Rural Telephone Cooperative, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace.
|Seeing: Must be able to read reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and industry contacts.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 50 lbs.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Direct Sales Rep
West Kentucky and Tennessee Telecommunications Cooperative (WK&T) seeks a motivated Direct Sales Representative.
The successful candidate will be a proven professional capable of growing the company’s core products and enhancing WK&T’s image. A willingness to organize local events and attend activities sponsored by groups such as civic organizations is required.
Applicants should have a minimum five years of professional experience in building new customer relationships, exceeding sales quotas, customer service skills, excellent communications ability and solid organizational skills. A bachelor’s degree in business, communications or marketing is preferred. Technical skills are a plus!
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package and commission structure that awards high performance with uncapped earning potential.
Our company is an equal employment opportunity employer with a drug-free workplace. In addition to our competitive salary, incentives and benefits, we provide the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of our organization. If this is the opportunity for you, please complete an application found on our website and attach resume at www.wktelecom.coop/jobs.
Jobs. Contact us and we will be in contact. Thank You.
Headquartered in Mayfield, KY, WK&T provides advanced broadband, voice, video and security services to over 15,000 residential and business subscribers in Kentucky and Tennessee.
Our mission is to offer leading-edge technology, excellent customer service and support to our members with a goal to achieve complete customer satisfaction.
Mayfield, KY 42066