WK&T Jobs & Information
We deeply appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history is essential. We will review your qualifications and will make every effort to reach a decision as quickly as possible. Please see the current jobs we have available below. To apply for a job, scroll down this page and complete/submit your application.
WK&T complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation.
It is WK&T’s policy not to discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or otherwise required by applicable local or federal law. WK&T is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Open Position: Sales & Customer Service Associate
WK&T, an innovative communications, broadband & IT solutions provider, seeking a highly motivated, dynamic & experienced Sales & Customer Service Associate. Responsibilities are front line sales promoting, identifying, & selling data, voice, video and home security solutions to new and existing customers. Required to staff out Murray, Ky location primarily, and other locations as needed.
Candidates should have outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, aptitude to learn quickly, ability to meet sales goals and embrace a technology environment. BS/BA preferred with 3+ years’ experience in sales, preferably in telecommunications or technology related field, but not required. Exempt under FLSA with base plus commission & excellent benefits.
Sales & Customer Service Associate Qualifications
The Sales and Customer Service Associate interacts with customers on the front line and by phone to sell and promote services to new and existing customers. Carries out marketing plans and strategies to increase the use and sale of equipment and services. Assists with customer relations. Maintains billing records, documentation and other supporting information in appropriate file. May respond to public inquiries on the selection and availability of services. Provides Tier 1 Technical Support service during office hours. All interactions must be professional, helpful, and friendly at all times regardless of the circumstances.
Essential Job Functions
- Increases the sale and use of company services and equipment by implementing adopted marketing plan and strategies. This includes suggestive selling, warm calling, cold calling, closing sales and keeping customers informed of new products.
- Meet sales goals set by management.
- Strive to meet the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving subscriber issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Accepts and prepare applications and required forms for services.
- Receives payment for services and maintains promises for payment according to company policies.
- Participate in parades/community events, etc.
- Prepares and posts service orders and all pertinent information necessary for plant personnel to locate and make proper installation of plant facilities or equipment or LNP provisioning.
- Maintains billing records, documentation and other supporting information in appropriate files. Post adjustments to customer records as prescribed.
- Required to work on Saturdays on a rotation basis and weekly extended hours.
- Required to staff our Murray location primarily, and other locations as needed.
- Input data into various databases for service orders.
- Input and maintain Inventory pertaining to Security service order items purchased.
- Prepare and verify accuracy of service orders and paperwork for the outside sales team.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs through contact tracking.
- Must be willing to travel and work at other locations as needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Kills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of all company products and services.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales practices and principles.
- Knowledge of Technology Store products and services.
- The ability to multi-task and use problem solving skills.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, adding machines, various software programs including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and other business related software, and telephone systems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in persuasion and listening techniques.
- Ability to meet sales goals set by management.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology or related field preferred. High school diploma plus a minimum three years sales and customer service experience required.
Jobs. Contact us and we will be in contact. Thank You.
Headquartered in Mayfield, KY, WK&T provides advanced broadband, voice, video and security services to over 15,000 residential and business subscribers in Kentucky and Tennessee.
Our mission is to offer leading-edge technology, excellent customer service and support to our members with a goal to achieve complete customer satisfaction.
Mayfield, KY 42066